What day do you think Max will Summit

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hey everybody,

April 2nd is fast approaching and I'm pumped to be headed out soon. I'm excited, anxious and nervous but ready for the experience of a lifetime. My fitness level is peaking and I feel great physically and mentally. Still picking up some last second gear and all that good stuff. Check out these links for more information on my team and the route I'll be climbing-


http://www.adventurepeaks.com/news/everestnews2010.html These are the members of my climbing team. There are quite a few more people than I originally thought but that's a good thing considering we'll be together for 70 days and it will be really cool to get to know everybody. I think I'm the youngest on the team but there are a few other guys in the lower 20's so it will be nice having some people my age.

http://www.alanarnette.com/news/2010/03/09/comparing-the-routes-of-everest/#utm_source=arnette_everest&utm_medium=arnette_everest&utm_campaign=arnette_everest

This article is written by accomplished mountaineer Alan Arnette. It discusses the history as well as the differences and the pros and cons of the two most popular routes on Everest, the South Col and the Northeast Ridge. I'll be climbing the Northeast Ridge route.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Max, WAY to guy. We're pulling for you that's for sure. With you Uncle Tom watching your back and your determination I'm sure you'll succeed. Hats off to you.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete